Saturday, June 21, 2008

Why Groezrock Rocks!


During my summer I've been in Europe living with some relatives in Koln, Germany. Last month, I had the chance to go to this awesome concert festival in Meerhout, Belgium called Groezrock. It's a two day event with an insane number of bands. Alkaline Trio, Anti-Flag, Billy Talent, Bad Religion, Thrice, The Bouncing Souls, A Wilhelm Scream, Thursday, and Story of the Year were the major headliners with tons of other bands. In addition to seeing plenty of awesome bands, part of the total experience is camping overnight there. I got to meet (and drink with) tons of cool people from Britain, Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands. Met alot of cute european girls there too haha. But overall it was a blast. Just don't go near any of the fences there, theres a reason they smell like piss. The only bad thing I can think of is how expensive everything there was, espically as an American when the dollar is doing so bad against the Euro. DO NOT TRAVEL TO EUROPE IF YOU ARE POOR AND AMERICAN LIKE ME. Words of warning, it's damn expensive here. Oh I took all these pics too.

No comments: