Monday, June 23, 2008

Always Hardcore



Scooter is a German techno band from the city of Hamburg. I discovered them about 3 years ago and their tunes have graced my tape-deck many a time. The band was created in 1986 under the name of "Celebrate the Nun." It was not until 1994 that the band changed their name to the present "Scooter." The group's sound blends elements of the "house" and "rave" genres which make them very popular in Europe's club scene. Currently the band consists of singer H.P. Baxxter, and beatmasters Rick J. Jordan and Michael Simon. Baxxter's signature accent lends to the histarical, yet hardcore nature of the songs. Scooter's hits include: "Hyper Hyper", "Move Your Ass!", "Fire", "How Much Is the Fish?", "Posse (I Need You on the Floor)", "Ramp! (The Logical Song)", "Behind the Cow", "The Shit that Killed Elvis", "One(Always Hardcore)", and "The Questions Is What Is The Question?."
Newest CD: Jumping All Over The World











My Favorite CD: The Ultimate Aural Orgasm











For more info on this rad group, check out http://www.scootertechno.com/

1 comment:

::beccaELECTROCUTE said...

wow.
this band looks really awesome.
needless to say i am a little confused...ha
i am actually not sure what that crazy picture is that i posted.
my friend sent it to me like two days ago because i saw it on as the background of her computer and i really liked all the colors and stuff.
yah ikr?! i try to go to warped tour every year and my mom always says no...but i might just go anyways this year because my cousins can drive so they could just pick me up and that might possibly work out.
i'm going to the one in milwaukee!
cuz it's like ten minutes from the town i live in.
oh yah! i've heard of fruits basket....my sister used to read those! i never really got into them, though. pshhh how can you not like inuyasha? it's so great!
but i understand, it is slightly a girly anime. i have all the movies too! my mom bought them for me for christmas. the best one is the first. hmmm..i've heard of gunslinger girl but i've never read it...my favorite it probably godchild i think. it's kind of creepy but it's really interesting.
<3 becca.