Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bon Jovi is Rad.


I'll never forget the day my dad bestowed upon me his "Slippery When Wet" tape. I was 8 years old at the time and I excitedly popped the tape into my Walkman and proceeded to listen. From the moment I heard the soothing melody of "Livin on a prayer" and the masterful harmony of "You Give Love a Bad Name," I was hooked. I would have to say that this album was the soundtrack to much of my childhood. In middle school when all the girls would laugh and spit on me, I would imagine that John himself would come and take me away to the magical land of rock and roll. Anyway this was a great album. I don't know much about their new material, and I don't need to. Slippery When Wet was the best Jovi album ever, and that's all I care about. If you haven't heard it, I suggest you buy it, try that half-price books place. Wait... maybe not, all they have there are used NSYNC and Britney Spears CDs. Nevermind try Barnes and Nobles. Bottom line, excellent album and a must listen for any true rock fan.

Rating: 5/5
Super Rad!

5 comments:

Niesha Miller said...

The girls would spit on you? Oh man!

::beccaELECTROCUTE said...

wow.
i've never seen a girl spit on someone.
...
lol
i personally don't like bon jovi.
out of my great collection of cassette tapes, most of them are u2 or the cure.
and i was jk about your boring comments.
they rly arent boring.
:)
so how is germany?
<3 becca.

::beccaELECTROCUTE said...

!!!
yes they still have those wax statue making things.
personally, i never got one.
i hate the way wax looks.
its creepy.
and my parents fooled me.
we arent going to the zoo right now!
they made me go to the park to see a frank sinatra tribute band instead.
gahhh.
i hate this.
<3 becca.

augustyna_d said...

I must confess I don't really know any of Jovi's early hits :$ One of his most recent songs I like though "I'm a coowwwbooyyy - wanted Dead or aliivee"! lol.. i have his dvd performing live in concert> its crazy!- he's quite a philosopher, real down to earth.

AoifeeB said...

i am very impressed i also love bon jovi!!!! ur koolies in my books lol!!
myspace me!!!!!
xxxx